Why would a BCBA treat PFD?! Isn’t that an SLP’s job? If you’re interested in PFD and believe in treating the entire patient through the evidence-based triad, you will thoroughly enjoy this conversation that shows us that PFD really is a team sport!
In this episode of SYP, I have a conversation with Melissa L. Gonzalez, Ph.D., BCBA-D, a clinical psychologist and a doctoral-level board-certified behavior analyst about all things pediatric feeding disorders! Melissa specializes in ASD and PFD and brings the passion to prove it to this episode. She shares golden nuggets of knowledge all about partnering together with clinicians, family members, and patients to provide the very best care to our tiniest of patients.
Haven’t left a review yet? All you have to do is go to your podcast platform of choice and let us know what you think! Thanks for your support of this show! Your support is what keeps Swallow Your Pride coming back with new episodes each week.
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
* the importance of a team approach to PFD
* the behavior analyst’s role in PFD
* the family-centered approach to PFD
* why children may eat different foods in different environments
* the value of getting parent practice between therapy visits
* the importance of caregiver coaching